According to Ayurveda, these healing foods reanimate your body, stimulate its repair, and renovate.
1. Lemons are both nourishing and purifying, and they encourage digestion. For reducing toxins, drink unsweetened lemonade as many times during the day as desired.
2. Ghee (clarified butter) is among the best longevity-promoting and rejuvenating foods. It stimulates digestion and calms the nerves. Ghee’s rate of absorption is high, making it the best medium for carrying the nutrients of other foods to the tissues.
See Also: 5 Poses to Do While You Wait
3. Figs and Dates are prized as excellent sources of energy. They also help build tissues. Eat 1 or 2 every day.
4. Almonds are nourishing and life-supporting. Ayurveda advises peeling and blanching almonds because their skins are virulent toxic. Eat several almonds daily to increase energy and strength.
See Also: Yoga Teacher training in Rishikesh
5. Mung Beans are amongst the best legumes for their supreme digestibility and health-giving qualities. They are profitable when people are sick or otherwise in need of very light food. Mung beans are especially nourishing when mixed with rice or other grains.
6. Ginger is usually referred to as “the universal medicine.” It helps remove ama and promotes good digestion. Dried ground ginger is more purposive in its flavor and its effects. To aid digestion, sprinkle a thin slice of fresh ginger with salt and lemon juice, and eat one-half hour before a meal.
See Also: Yoga Teacher training in Dharamsala
7. Cumin Seeds serve as an alma-reducer and digestive aid for all doshas. To help eliminate toxins, start the day by drinking warm water mixed with a nip of powdered cumin and ginger.
8. Lassi is a quencher prepared by mixing one part yogurt into 2 parts water. It is an excellent nutritive digestive aid, taken during or after a meal. You can flavor lassi either with honey or raw sugar and a little ground cardamom or with toasted ground cumin seeds and salt.
9. Juicy, Seasonal Fruits are both purifying and highly nutritive. Juicy fruits should be completely matured for maximum healing value.
10. Green, Leafy Vegetables are both purifying and nutritive. Their bitter flavor encourages the liver, aids skin conditions, and helps balance blood sugar. Prepare with a little oil or ghee.
11. Cow’s Milk is considered as a vitalizer by Ayurveda and recommended for those rachitic after injury. Ayurveda recommends bringing milk to a complete boil to remove the qualities that can cause excess mucus. To further reduce milk’s clogging qualities, add black pepper and/or a nip of ginger. Also, milk should be absorbed separately from foods with any taste other than sweet.
12. Water assists virtually all healing and universally beneficial for everyone. It promotes digestion and when imbibed while hot, is especially effective for removing ama.