The sitting posture is one of the main constitutes to comfort the rest of the body and pigeon yoga pose is the perfect yoga component to soothe muscles, tendons, and ligaments. This is not the scenario with professionals giving complete 9 hours sitting on the office chair with 9 to 5 hours job, but most of us usually remain seated for more than six to 15 hours a day on the bed, couch, car or chair.
The end-result of not so active exercise deplete sedentary lifestyle prevents your hips from getting the required mobility, movement and stretching. Though some amount of brisk walking and jogging in the morning boost the level of energy and massages the internal organs these are not enough to flex or stretch the posture to the optimum.
Making yoga exercise as a significant part of active health regime comprehensive invigorating One-Legged Pigeon Pose commonly known with the Sanskrit Name Eka Pada Rajakapotasana is better to soothe stiff hips. The pigeon pose is significant Poses for Your Hips and lower back and is a variation of the advanced pose Eka Pada Rajakapotasana, Hip opener, forward bend.
How to do yoga pigeon stretch
- Starting with the right leg, bring your right knee between your hands, as this pose has to do with keeping the back leg straight and then assuming asana of folding forward over the front leg. slide right knee forward and place it behind your right wrist
- Attain this asana by sitting conveniently, then easily bring the front knee as close to 90 degrees as your body allows then come into a forward fold
- Slide your left leg to the maximum back
- Balancing the weight of your torso on your front leg smoothly lengthen the front of your body
- Stay for two minutes for 5 breaths.
- You can make this Hip-Opening Yoga Poses more intense and deep by extending further forward your right heel.
See also: Camel Pose Yoga Sequence: Yoga For Spine
Benefits and effects of Pigeon yoga pose on the body
- Yoga pigeon pose massage and stimulate the internal organs while stretching the thighs, groins, and back
- Pigeon pose yoga lengthens hip flexors stretch glutes and Increases mobility of femur in hip socket making it more strong, flexible and supple.
Yoga is the ultimate exercise sequence which links to ancient Hindu practice and it has become a significant health regimen across the world with over 300 million yoga enthusiast and practitioners in the world embarked on yoga and utilizing the benefits of yoga.
Certainly known as an easy form of exercise that offers tremendous benefits with a little devotion of time and attention, you can tone up your body into a fitter shape and attain utmost peace through yoga.
You can make your yoga vacation enthralling with the yoga therapy sequence by involving in yoga retreats, connect mind, body and soul and bond spiritually with intensive Yoga courses in Rishikesh and learn more on the yogic principles consisting of restorative asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, yoga philosophy, and yoga skills.